Friday, July 4, 2008

Peace on the 4th of July

Here is a cute, cute, cute onesie I put together for Madeline. I found the white peace t-shirt below in a box of hand-me-down clothing from a neighbor and thought I might be able to make something just like it. So, I grabbed a stained blue shirt and old onesie and set out for the unknown world of applique. I am happy with the process and how they turned out. Next time I will put some interfacing on the back side of the shirts and onesies. I think that I will also hunt down some black thread for the outline. At first I thought it was too dark, but from the photos that is what really helps the image stand out. The intense amount of stitching from the machine seems to have weakened the cotton a bit. Now I just have to get my hands on some inexpensive organic cotton t's and I'll be all set!

No comments: