Sunday, August 10, 2008

Flickr group

Here's the flickr group I set up for the tote/grocery bags that I have been making.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27726681@N05/sets/72157606536964216/

There are a few for me to use around town, one for a diaper bag and one for my personal shopping and errands. The vintage series + blue/purple floral and yellow floral bags represent our grocery bags (5 total) and a second blue/purple floral + pink floral and green floral are going to my Mom for the annual women's shopping weekend. There is one bag that got away without a picture - the one for my mother-in-law, utlizing a faux-French countryside print.

More about this shopping weekend: my Dad is the oldest of 11 kids and each October all the women from the family meet up in Schaumburg, IL for a weekend of fun and shopping. My Mom decided to make each of the women a shopping bag this year (there is usually a craft component to the weekend too...) so I offered to help her out and make a few. As a gift-in-return she's picked out some yards of (new) designer home dec fabric so that I can make few more for myself.

There are two more bags (still in pieces) in the sewing room for my brother-in-law and his partner. I hope to finish them up by the time they move into their first place together in mid-August.

Can you tell that I just love these re-usable grocery bags?

No comments: