Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Progress

It is slow going, but here is my progress on the helena sweater for Maddie's big day. I've got about one more repeat on the skirt and then it is on to the sleeves, the ties and finishing the edges. I'm really happy with the color (bright, but not garish) and not too 'girly.' We have enough pink in the wardrobe, that's for sure. The pattern is great to follow so far and I haven't run into any problems. I did need to frog it, just after the bodice, (three times!) before getting the lace pattern correct, but that was my error: too much late-night-knitting-while-trying-to-catch-up-with-the-hubby isn't such a great thing. I am making the 2 y.o. size which means she will have to grow into it, but maybe she'll get an extra year of wear out of it too?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't call that slow going. Didn't you just start that last week? Anyhow, it's beautiful. I can't wait to see a photo of her in it!