Friday, September 19, 2008

Quilt-a-long: Week 12

Week 12: Backing fabric. This is the last square! I can hardly believe that I made it to the end. I did feel myself getting burnt out as I completed this block. My seams don't exactly match up, but since I am at the end I felt like just going with it. No seam-ripping this time.

As I started working with the background fabric I began to notice lots of fading and water stains. But I am just going to move forward with it anyway. Keeping the backing fabric is what gives this piece a sentimental twist. I'll have to be sure to note that on the label for this one.

For next week: the background fabric, cutting, repairing and ironing the backing fabric and making the sandwich. If I am feeling really motivated I might even make the binding strips in anticipation of finishing this one up. First I need to get my hands on a 1/2 inch bias tape maker.

No comments: