Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mauda Woodworks

My husband is an amazing woodworker. He has recently decided to sell sets of his heirloom-quality, all-natural children's blocks at Mauda Woodworks. I'm here to support him - shamelessly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
edited on 12/7 with new photos!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -












I've also added a photo of a recent gift from him to me; one that he made for me. A beautiful cedar-lined blanket chest. Contrary to it's stated purpose, the first occupants of this piece are some skeins of yarn and other knitting supplies. For now it's tucked into the corner of the living room. DH says that he didn't make it to be a downstairs piece of furniture - it's supposed to go in a bedroom - but I think it's too beautiful to squirrel away up there.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. He is amazing. The chest is just beautiful and the blocks would make a perfect holiday gift.

Little C and Little J said...

Congratulations Dan! That is awesome. It all looks so beautiful and full of craftsmanship. When is mama starting her etsy shop?

jacquie said...

as well you should! those are great blocks. when my new great niece or nephew is born i've got it bookmarked! that cedar chest is definitely an heirloom piece. totally beautiful!