Thursday, September 15, 2011

FO: Tiny Tea Leaves



This sweet little cardigan is for my 3 yo (she'll be 4 in a couple weeks), but can you believe that I had to knit the size 6 to match her measurements? She is a lot taller than her sisters were at her age. With luck she'll be able to wear this for two seasons, and have the arms shift from full-length to three-quarter.

I have had the yarn in my stash for quite awhile. And I had a lot of it, just under 1000 yds. But I could never settle in an idea for myself so I am happy to have used a bunch of it for a kids cardigan. The pattern was very easy to follow and I love the final look. The arms are nicely tailored and the button closure is adorable.

This pattern also comes in adult sizes, and knit up in a dk weight would be gorgeous. I used worsted wool for my daughter, but I think that would be too bulky or too warm for an adult.

The colors in the photos aren't quite right - it is more bright then you see here. The last picture with the button is most true to color.





No comments: