Thursday, December 8, 2011

FO: Norwegian Baby Cap

sweet baby cap




















I finished up this sweet little Norwegian Baby Cap last week.  I intended it for my youngest, but it looks that she will outgrow this size in the near future.  So another hat will need to be knit, and hopefully before the holidays come and go.  This fourth little one of mine - not forgotten - but sometimes overlooked.  The l-o-u-d voices, demands, wants and needs of her older sisters drown out her very, very rare cries.  But her smile lights up the family.  And she is finding her place among and within us - a calm presence indeed.  She needs a little something this holiday season I think and a new knit hat will do just fine.

top view














tie detail




















I knit up this same pattern a bit over a year ago, but just got around to making the i-cord ties, so here is a photo of that hat as well.  I stopped the every-other-row decreases early on this one, making a more rounded head rather than pointy.  I'm sure this one is destined for a very special little boy or girl.

sweet baby cap - v1.0

2 comments:

Ann Wegner LeFort said...

I absolutely love this hat. Reminds me of the "pilot's caps" that you and Peg both love to put on the kiddos. And what a little sweetie to wear it. Happy Holidays!

melissa q. at a happy stitch said...

this is so cute I can't even stand it!