Wednesday, August 14, 2013

FO: Habitat

older daughter modeling the hat (a bit big on her, and a bit big on me too)














My first extended cable project!  My finger joints are sore, but only because it is more manipulation with needles than I am used to.  The hat turned out perfectly (no mistakes!) owing mostly to the pattern/charting which was spot on.  It's a very popular Jared Flood pattern - Habitat - and I highly recommend it.  With a 22-inch noggin + ponytail I decided to knit the size Large, but probably would have been fine with the small too.

The hat is knit from more of the left over Peace Fleece (2 other projects here and here) and the color is lovely, lovely, lovely.

cables!




















Not sure what is coming up next; nothing but a few uninspiring, half-finished socks on my needles at the moment.  Lots to do and organize with a new school year arriving - my own kids, the PTO and teaching a class at the university this fall.  Maybe it's time to put down the needles and hit the books for a bit instead?!

No comments: