Tuesday, October 28, 2014

FO: Striped Socks




















I finished up this pair of socks for my husband this past week.  They took a long time to complete, but for no other reason then my lack of interest (smile).  They are great socks in the end and I know that he will wear them a lot.  Did I mention his favorite colors are brown and blue?  I am not sold that this brown and this blue exactly compliment each other, but they do provide a nice contrast and give a 'plain' sock some interest.




















He asked for another pair after a) telling me that his Globe Trotters tend to slip down because the ribbing isn't tight enough, and b) confessing that he felted the last pair of socks I knit him in the laundry.

This pair should hold up - elastic enough with a an all around traditional rib pattern and sturdy enough for the washer and dryer thanks to KnitPicks superwash sock yarn Stroll, in Midnight Heather.

No comments: