Sunday, February 17, 2008

...I will start a blog!

So here I am. A novice knitter with not a lot of time, but lots to share and still more to learn about knitting. I am an advanced beginner and enjoy all that I have learned so far. I mostly stick to the basic knit, purl, and rib stitches, but I have tackled scarves, hats, sweaters, lederhosen, baby booties, baby rattles, and even (brace yourself) a 3-D uterus. I don't have many pictures of my early projects, but I have resolved to take more pictures of my craft moving forward. Much of my work is given away as gifts to family and friends, but I am also finding time to knit for myself these days. I would love to expand my stitch repertoire (cable, lace) as well as learn some fair isle techniques. Stay tuned for updates on my progress: my successes, joys and challenges.

No comments: