Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seasonal Affective Knitting

I have recently realized something about myself - I am afflicted with seasonal affective kntting. There is something about this beautiful spring weather that changes my interest from knitting to other craft projects - namely things with fabric. I actually noticed this last spring/summer when I was pregnant, but I chalked it up to just that, being pregnant and all the affiliated zaniness that goes along with it. However, this spring it is happening again (and I am most definately NOT pregnant). I am drawn to patterns, color and fabric in the same way that yarn draws me in the fall and winter times. I suppose this is my way of saying that things have shifted here in a new direction to other forms of fiber art. I am sure that knitting will return when the leaves change color, but from here on out it seems there will be more fabric here than yarn.

No comments: