Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wall hanging complete

Here is the completed wall hanging for my Mom for her birthday (August). I am happy overall with my first attempt. I did have success making my own binding strips (Thanks Jacquie for the tip on where to find a tutorial!). However, I fell short when it came time to put the binding on the quilt. Instead of sewing it on like a normal person would, my brain short-circuited and I top-stiched the whole thing. It doesn't look bad, and I am pretty proud of how I was able to troubleshoot the corners, but it just isn't the way that I would like it to be. I guess that is what this was for - practice. For the larger, next quilt I will definately do a different quilting pattern, with a different color thread. I will also do the binding the way that I actually want to have it done. I will also be sure to attach a hanging sleeve on the next one. This one will just have to have a dowl stiched to it for hanging. The last thing I have to say is that I forgot to sign this one. Silly of me really. I will be sure to include a small 'signature' patch on the backing next time too. Ah...so much to learn!

1 comment:

jacquie said...

This is really cute! Good job! One step at a time...I just posted binding woes on my blog. It really doesn't matter how many times you do it...it's an adventure every time!