Sunday, August 24, 2008

New bonnet (but baby doesn't want it).





Sometimes in life we try, and try, and try again. But, try as I might my child won't sit for a picture in her new bonnet. And she sure won't pose like the calm, beautiful child in LMKG, blogged here. Regardless, the bonnet turned out beautifully. My only pattern notes are that next time I will be mindful to decrease a few stitches by k2tog (evenly spaced) along the bottom hem line. I think would give the bonnet some more shaping and would help keep in on her head a bit better. The bonnet is a bit big for new now and will likely have to wait for the spring to be worn , but those additional 'darts' would still be helpful.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

adorable, both baby and bonnet! looks like she's an almost-perfect bonnet model! wait til she hits the big time.

Little C and Little J said...

Oh, this is so cute! The bonnet looks amazing and Maddy, well, her spunky response is so much better than 'calm baby'.