Friday, August 8, 2008

Quilt-a-long: Week 6

Week6: Purple. Well, I've reached the half-way mark. Pretty exciting. I really like the pace that I am moving at - with school in session doing one square a week felt good and not too overwhelming. It provided me with just the right amount of distraction. A creative distraction from feminist theory that didn't make me feel too guilty for sewing rather than writing.

Also, here is a picture of the first six squares together, with the borders attached. I didn't have enough of the square fabric for the borders on the yellow and green ones, so I went to the vintage fabric basket for those. I am loving how this looks so far. I think the final background will be white and it will take some time to find just the right backing, but this will certainly be a great (cozy + bright) addition to our guest room or the cabin.

No comments: