Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sock yarn

While at the knitting store I spied a sample sock knit from Fortissima Socka Teddy. The sample was in purple, but then I spied these at the back of the shelf - color: mango! I couldn't pass it (them) up. I think I will turn to the old stand-by sock for these cozy fall must-haves, the Iowa Cruise Sock from Cottage Creations. I wish photos were the scratch-and-sniff (or feel) variety sometimes...if you could touch this yarn you'd be yearning for fall with me!

I picked up this pattern, along with the Wonderful Wallaby , at a knitting workshop (scroll down to New School Knitting) I attended in the fall of 2006 at the University of Wisconsin's School of Human Ecology. Elizabeth Zimmermann's daughter, Meg Swansen (of Schoolhouse Press), was the keynote speaker and the workshop was taught by Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations. I learned a lot in that afternoon - skills and tricks sure, but also the confidence to just keep knitting and learning.

No comments: