...from my two little ballerinas. Finally they stood still long enough for a photo (this was before the onslaught of candy, mind you). I made one tutu in pink and one in purple. I think they turned out pretty well. I encased the gathered tulle with ribbon, and then triple sewed another decorative ribbon on top (butterflies on one and flowers on the other). The ribbon trails around the back and the tails are long enough to tie. I did sew in some elastic - 4 inches or so at the back - to keep it all together, but you can't see it when they are wearing them and the tails are tied. This way I don't have to be there when they want to wear them, tying them on over and over again. They can just pull them on and they'll stay on.