Thursday, May 7, 2009

May birthday present

These lovely socks are going in the mail to a lifelong friend for her birthday. I finally finished them and am really happy with how they turned out. I think the hand painted yarn is gorgeous with this pattern. She still has a pair of socks I knit her from three years ago; and she still wears them - no darning needed. I remember they were one of the first pairs of socks I ever knit and I'm so happy they are being put to good use. These have a bit more character (brighter, more texture) then her last pair, but I hope she likes them just as much.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh to have a friend who would knit me socks for my birthday!

Little C and Little J said...

Gorgeous socks! I never thought of socks as such an amazing and indulgent luxury but I will never think of them the same again!