Monday, June 8, 2009

The sewing machine has been humming













Two quilts are in process and the tops are finished! I'm currently piecing the back of the second one and working on the binding strips. With any luck, they should be quilted and bound by the middle or end of this month. Then they can take their permanent place on these beds. I'm not too sure of the final sizes yet, but they are looking like a good fit for the twin beds. I would have preferred them to be a bit wider, but since I didn't follow a pattern, I'm just happy that they cover the beds, period.

The 'coins' were cut at 2 x 7 inches, with the white spacers 3 x 7 inches. There is also a 7 inch border around the entire quilt.

I hope to get better photos of these once they are finished - its been cloudy and cool 'round these parts lately.

I think some some smaller projects are coming up next, more pillows and bags for the girls. And maybe I'll finally tackle putting in a zipper...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, ooh, ooh! Those look AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see more details!

Rebekah said...

wow! These are so pretty. I love that you made identical quilt patterns but used different fabric/colors for each.