Saturday, May 21, 2011

Goldenrod



This is amazing yarn. I love working with it. I just finished transforming it from the skein into a 1 yo sized cardigan vest. The color changes are subtle, the yarn is thick and warm and it will make a great layering piece next spring (or this summer if it doesn't warm up around these parts).

The yarn was a gift and the label simply stated, "4 ozs. 100% wool. Goldenrod." I wonder if it is dyed with goldenrod plants? I know that you can't see the yarns true beauty in this photo. You'll have to trust me on this one.





And oh the knitting fates are tempting me these days too! I've got this, and this (needs rav sign-in) and this pattern on my mind. Have any of you knit these yet?

p.s. For someone the considers herself 'crafty' I have the lamest collection of buttons. The ones pictured here are only placed for effect. I need to get myself a decent stash going. There's a Trash & Treasure sale at the local church today...maybe I'll stop over to see what can be found?

1 comment:

FiveGreenAcres said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! What a lovely use for that yarn! If I remember right, I think it was from 4 Crows Farm? If so, that's (Mo) one of the co-owners of The Cat & The Crow ys in Mt. Horeb.

I just love this cardigan. Well done, you!