Monday, April 2, 2012

FO: Vitamin D














Well, here it is.  And I love it. (Please forgive my tired eyes .  We snapped this photo at 6:45a before DH took off for work.  That is how much I wanted to blog about it today!)














In the end I don't know that it is the most flattering shape on me, but the color, feel, drape and fact that I made it myself! counteract all that wondering quite well.

I really love the weight of this sweater.  It did take an long time (relatively speaking) to knit this up in a sock yarn, but I am really happy that I stuck with it because it made a truly wearable, lightweight fabric.  I am the kind of person that can overheat easily, and this sweater is about as thick as I would want a three season (spring, summer, fall) sweater to be. I could go for a worsted weight during the cold WI winter months, however.

As promised, here are some of the 'before' photos with notes.  I find this kind of thing really helpful as a knitter - it's what gives me confidence that while I may not like what I see when I weave in that last yarn end, a good soak/wash and blocking can work wonders.  See what I mean?

whew, don't like this AT ALL.
looking better already!
blocking really does work!

I am not sure what to knit next.  But I am certain that I going to knit myself another sweater or cardigan.  I did cast on for a little 'In Three's' for the baby, but I think that I am going to spend some time surfing ravelry tonight for ideas.  Any suggestions from you out there?

3 comments:

FiveGreenAcres said...

Wheeeeeeee! Love it!

Ann Wegner LeFort said...

It's incredibly flattering, don't second guess it. Well done!

Juniper said...

Beautiful sweater Beth!