Monday, February 25, 2008

Lace!

After two false starts I actually have some lace going! At first I was reversing the YO and instead of creating the necessary 'holes' I was just doing increases. Once I figured out what I was doing it is has been smooth sailing.

I have modified the pattern to fit better with my skill/comfort level so I am only doing three repeats (vs. the five in the pattern). I also added a couple of rows to the bottom border so that it better matches the side border. It took me about 45 minutes to get through the patterned 16 rows so we'll see how long this scarf actually becomes (maybe I'll get faster as I get more used to it?). I am really enjoying learning lace - but it is definately NOT naptime knitting. It requires too much focus; something that is in short supply with three kiddos!

No comments: