Friday, September 26, 2008

Quilt-a-long: Week 13

Week 13: The top is finished! I went with a nice white background and will use the backing fabric to make the binding. Since all the other squares were made from fabric in my stash I didn't have enough of any one color to do a binding. I also don't think that a mixed-pattern binding would look very good on this quilt - given all the colors and patterns in the blocks. For this one, simple is better I think. Next week: the final construction. I am coming close to the end of my tutorial...it has been a wonderful journey.

5 comments:

Frogdancer said...

Well done! It's a good feeling when it's all pieced together, isn't it? I made this earlier this year for my son and I learned so much while I was doing it. You've done a magnificent job.

Little C and Little J said...

It looks so fantastic! Congratulations, you really brought so many different colors together.

Amy said...

It's amazing! What size are the blocks? They are all beautiful. You must feel accomplished.

jacquie said...

this is beautiful! congrats...you did a fabulous job.

melissa s. said...

this is beautiful! congrats!