Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quilting on my mind

With quilt month quickly coming to a close I find myself with three quilting UFO's and a three works that are "in process". This photo is of the first quilt top I ever pieced; the purple monster that has been hanging around my fabric stash for, oh I don't know, like 3 years. I have finally gotten around to getting some backing fabric and batting. The second UFO is a wall hanging that I am almost finshed with. I have the perfect spot to hang this one, just above the staircase. I am also supposed to be finishing up my quilt for the quilt-a-long. Just have to find the time, somewhere, to do it.

On to the three "in process" pieces. here is a photo of the fabric I sent off for the BTRS lap quilt swap. I can't wait to see what my partner sends me in return! Then I purchased some Amy Butler (see below) and assorted solid fabric. Coupled with my FFF fabric from Sew, Mama, Sew I have enough to make two more lap quilts - this way I'll have one for each of my girls. These are the three "in process" pieces as I haven't really even started on them yet.


Quilt month has definately shown me that I am interested in quilting; and I am able to make a quilt from start to finish.

2 comments:

Frogdancer said...

It's funny how something like Quilt month gets us all focussed. I've been so productive in the quilting arena this month... my knitting needles have barely seen any action at all.

Little C and Little J said...

I'm with you! So excited to see my swap materials and so motivated to work on my baby quilt idea. Motivated, but with little time to actually accomplish anything,sigh.