I also completed the quilt for my swap partner and I will get it in the mail shortly. I've only posted a little preview photo as I want it to be a surprise for her.
Tuts were also in order this week as both girl have requested to be ballerinas for Halloween. So, with some inspiration from here and guidance from here I endeavored on making some. Sewing through ribbon and 8 layers of gathered tulle is more difficult than I imagined! I went with a machine sewn design as I was not too sure that the no-sew examples out there would really hold up in the long run. I am glad I did. These tutus have already been around the block on bikes, raked leaves and been party to jumping contests off the living room couch. I have to say, they are holding up! I can't, however, get a photo for the life of me. Maybe when the big day arrives the girls will be more willing to pose. I purchased some cream colored leggings and log sleeve t-shirts from Target to go underneath and they both have pink slippers that I can dress-up with some ribbon to look like ballet slippers. With crowns and wands from the dress-up chest I think the girls will be ready for trick-or-treat.
Last, but not least, my knitting. I am still working on some socks and once those are done I will return to the little sweater to finish it up. I also ordered EZ's knitter's almanac this week and cast on for the embossed leaves socks - size 1 needles are indeed small!