Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WIP's Wednesday

I have three projects on the needles. This is the most projects I've had going at one time in a long time.

First up, the Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. I started this on our trip out west. It is a fantastic travel project: small, light, short directions and no need to change colors or cut yarn (unless you want to). No hurry to finish this one up. There seems to be a lot of interest in EZ's patterns this year - they seem to be everywhere I look.



Second, an earflap hat. This is my second barter for the marketplace. The earflaps are done and next is connecting, and creating, the main hat. I hope to have this one off in the mail to Mama-pan shortly!



Third, my contribution to the annual silent auction at our daycare/preschool. It is my second milo vest and I love this pattern even more this time around. I'm giving the cable detail a whirl and it's coming along nicely. I hope to have this one done by early next week.



It must be the spring weather that bribed me into all of these new projects: the promise of newness, the belief that anything is possible and all will be a success if given enough water and sunshine. I must have been under the same spell when I started planting the garden last week. As quickly as I put things in the ground my eager and earnest kids took them back out. At least they know not to unravel my knitting by now (a lesson that took 2+ years to teach, no less).

No comments: